At ArtLab T-Shirts we like to show Teacher Appreciation for those that teach in as many ways as we can. Teachers can be a big part of a young persons life, teachers work long and hard hours and don’t always feel the love. We want that to change. You can join in to, simply seeking out and thanking your child’s teacher is a big step! From personal experience, we know that a little show of appreciation can go a long way. Our owner comes from a teaching family! Steve’s Dad was a high school teacher and sports coach, his Mom worked in the elementary school as school secretary. Now his son has followed the family path and is teaching high school and coaching soccer in Washington state.
ArtLab shows teacher appreciation by printing and offering various items at no charge to teachers. We printed this t-shirt design “I Teach, What’s Your SuperPower?” and are giving them away FREE for the asking. Stop in, call or email to get yours. We also have decals with the same message for cars, classrooms and any other place you can find to show one off. We also give away pencils by the thousands to our school customers.
Here are some ideas for how you can show your Teacher Appreciation!
We have to show teacher appreciation before it’s too late. Teacher’s don’t dedicate their lives to the students for praise, but in the current climate, it’s hard to keep going when you don’t have the tools or support to do your work. Until the politicians show up to do the right thing, it’s up to our communities to let them know we do appreciate them. Here is a list of things you can do to show your teacher appreciation.
- Start small and just tell them you appreciate all they do. It’s free, takes 5 seconds and can really have a lasting impact, but so few people ever make the effort.
- Give them a gift card. Talk with them for a few minutes, find out their favorite places are to eat, shop or relax then get them a gift card.
- Bring them a favorite snack. Involve your kids in this teacher appreciation activity and ask your children to pay attention to what their teacher likes. Keep them stocked from time to time.
- Know their birthday. This is a great day to show your teachers appreciation. Give them a cake, have the class sing them happy birthday or get them a special gift.
- A teacher’s school day doesn’t end after the bell. There’s often many things they do at home or in the classroom to help get ready for the next day. Stay late and help them get organized for next day. Offer to help straighten their room, empty trash, make copies, etc.
- Volunteer to cover a duty. This is a fabulous way for parents to show teacher appreciation. Ask the principal first if it is okay.
- Make sure your children are great students. Sometimes this is the best way to say thank you. Teachers appreciate students who are never in trouble, enjoy being at school, and who are genuinely excited to learn. If your student isn’t on this list, listen to the teacher and their concerns. Make an effort to help your student respect them and make the changes in order to have a better future.
- Give them a holiday gift. It does not have to be something elegant or expensive, you can even make it yourself or have your student help. Your teacher will appreciate anything that you get them.
- Give an extra hand. This is another free way to show your teachers appreciation. Most teachers will appreciate the extra help. Ask them where they need help and let them know that you are willing to help. Lower elementary teachers will especially appreciate this help.
- Contact them when they are sick. Check on them and ask if they need anything. It’s a great way to show you care.
- Post on Facebook. If your child’s teacher has a Facebook account, let them know how much you appreciate all that they do.
- Be supportive as a parent. Knowing you have tremendous parental support makes a teacher’s job easier. Backing their decisions is an excellent way to show your appreciation.
- Many teachers are struggling to make ends meet, but especially in high-poverty areas, they are responsible for all their student’s supplies, since the students can’t afford their own. A great way to show appreciation to the teachers in your community, especially in areas with a high poverty rates is to donate money towards their classroom. Give them some money or extra supplies to help ease this burden.
We hope these ideas are useful for you and we want to say, at ArtLab T-Shirts in Melbourne and Palm Bay, WE LOVE TEACHERS! Teachers please contact us today if you would like some of our FREE teacher related gifts. 321-984-8844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org