ArtLab makes all different kinds of signs here in Palm Bay and Melbourne, FL. You can count on us as your local sign printer, but why do you need a sign?
Every single day we see signs everywhere – they’re an obvious part of our lives. Driving down the road you will be confronted with road signage indicating at which speed to drive, or directions to the nearest town. In the workplace, you’ll discover health and safety signage positioned here, there and everywhere. Go in to town for a trip to the store and you will notice that shop signage is everywhere, detailing open hours, type of establishment, plus display signs highlighting discounts and deals.
Signage defined, what is a Sign?
So, what exactly is a sign? Signage is generally defined as any kind of graphic display intended to convey information to an audience.
What is the purpose of a Sign?
Typically, signs tend to serve a few common purposes: to promote, identify, provide information, give directions or to raise safety awareness. Allow us to expand:
1) Advertising and marketing: Signage is often used for advertising and marketing by companies or organizations. A well designed and well placed sign can draw in customers all by themselves. Who among you has not been out somewhere and been pulled into an establishment simply because of the sign?
2) Entice customers: Relatedly, shop signage (both inside and out) can attract business to a company. To entice customers from the outside, attractive window signs can be successful at creating curiosity and encouraging customers to venture inside.
3) Recognition: Quite simply, signs are often designed to help individuals recognise or identify a place or brand. For instance, signs help us to identify which restroom to use. In terms of brands, over the years, Coca-Cola and Starbucks have become instantly recognisable signs.
4) Directional: Directional signs are necessary for large locations such as shopping malls, hospitals and corporations. With these signs, visitors or customers are less likely to get lost which helps to avoid a situation that could reflect badly on the business. Directional signage can also be useful for large scale outdoor events such as festivals or places where there are multiple buildings or entrances.
5) Health and safety signage: Health and safety signage is one of the main means of communicating health and safety information. They can be found in places such as workplaces, nurseries, schools and offices. Signs provide information and warnings about hazards or threats which are essential to safety.
6) Appearance: Finally, not all signage necessarily serves an overt purpose! Sometimes a sign may be used simply to enhance the overall appearance of a space or its surroundings.
Why do you need signs for your small business?
At this moment, there are many businesses competing to lure in your customers before they reach you. Along their route to your door, your customers are bombarded by signs advertising for their business. Some of these competitors are in your line of business, while others may be in an entirely different industry. All are trying to convince your customers to buy their goods or services instead of yours.
• Signs are the most effective, yet least expensive form of advertising for a small business.
• They act as your introduction and handshake with those passing by. Signs identify your business and tell potential customers what you do at a glance.
• A good sign is always on the job for you, advertising 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They never take a break!
• People often will judge your business by the look of your sign.
• Many establishments can increase their business measurably just by adding an effective sign. On the other hand, many have gone out of business because they did not realize the importance the first impression of a well made sign makes.
• We live in a mobile society. According to the U.S. Census, 18% of households move each year. Effective signs can help to attract and replace those lost customers.
Can signs be affordable for a small business?
As a small business you can not afford to be without an effective sign. An old sayings goes, “A business with no sign is a sign of no business.”
• Consider that you will pay for a well made sign only once. After that it works for you 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and will last for many years. Use of other advertising media requires paying month after month and you never own it. You also have no assurance that you are reaching the customers you need.
• Signs are the least expensive yet most effective form of advertising that a small business can utilize.
Call ArtLab Signs today and let our experts advise you and design an effective sign for your business. 321-984-8844